Policies and Guidelines
- Maintenance of safe custody for the prisoners both under-trial & convicts.
- Maintenance of security inside the jails.
- Correctional programmes for the prisoners to modify their behavior & to re-socialize them after their release from jail.
- Vocational programmes for the prisoners to make them self-dependent after their release from jail.
- Implementation of Rules & Regulation of National Human Rights Commission & National Commission for Women.
- Living Conditions in Prisons:-
Prisoners are getting good quality and nutritious diet along with special diet on religious festival/national days. The sick prisoners are served “Special Diet Menu” under guidance of medical officer. Sick prisoners get proper care of “Medical Facilities” in Jail Hospital by the Medical staff.
- Dietary Articles :-
According to the entitlement, a prisoner is getting following articles each month :
|Sl.No||Name of items||Monthly quantity|
|2.||Mustard Oil||600 gms.|
|13.||Dry Fish||20 gms.|
Children of the female prisoners are being provided children diet as per approved scale of Health Department.
- Clothing Bedding & other Articles (Month wise)
|Sl.No.||Name of item||Quantity|
|2.||Coconut Oil||150 gms|
|3.||Washing Soap||120 gms|
- Sanitation & Hygiene :-
Female prisoners have been allowed sanitary napkin &pati Coat (Chaya) as a part of their essential personal need.
All articles of prisoners including clothing bedding are inspected by the executive officers to see whether these are useable and adequate.
Importance has been attached to all aspects of prison sanitation & hygiene under the supervision of Medical Officer & other Executive staff of the prison.
Facilities/amenities in regard to sanitation & hygiene are available in all prisons of Tripura.
- Prisons Accommodation Capacity .
|Name of jails||Name of District.||Accommodation capacity|
|Kendriya Sansodhanagar Tripura||Sepahijala Dist.||938||25||963|
|Udaipur Dist. Jail||Gomati Dist.||154||02||156|
|Kailasahar Dist. Jail||Unakoti Dist.||116||04||120|
|Dharmanagar Sub jail||North Dist.||55||02||57|
|Kanchanpur Sub Jail||North Dist.||110||25||135|
|Kamalpur Sub Jail||Dhalai Dist.||100||02||102|
|Gandacherra Sub jail||Dhalai Dist.||110||25||135|
|Longtharai Valley Sub jail||Dhalai Dist.||110||25||135|
|Khowai Sub Jail||Khowai Dist.||119||02||121|
|Sonamura Sub Jail||Sepahijala Dist.||51||04||55|
|Amarpur Sub Jail||Gomati Dist.||50||02||52|
|Belonia Sub Jail||South Dist.||78||02||80|
|Sabroom Sub Jail||South Dist.||60||02||62|